Posted by Heather Cohen, Account Manager
With the holiday season quickly approaching, marketers should consider the vast U.S. Hispanic market and its online shopping behaviors. Almost 80% of Hispanics use the Internet to research products online, and over 50% make a purchase online at least once a month (see Search Engine Land).
Performics partnered with Google to develop some best practices for building Hispanic search campaigns:
- Make your Spanish Web site comprehensive: 56% of all offline Hispanics cite lack of Spanish content as the reason for not going online
- Create both English and Spanish campaigns: U.S. Hispanics search in both languages and under both interface settings
- Focus on broad keywords to generate traffic: Don’t directly translate general market campaigns
- Extend to mobile search: Hispanics rely more heavily on their mobile devices than non-Hispanics
Here’s a sample account structure for U.S. Hispanics:
The Content Network can also be a great way to engage Hispanics. Below are some best practices for building Hispanic search content campaign:
- Don’t underestimate the Content Network: You’ll see lower cost-per-clicks and higher click-through rates
- Create media units that toggle between English and Spanish: U.S. Hispanics interact with content in both languages
- Utilize messaging around core Hispanic values: These include family, job security, health, savings, etc.