Posted by the Performics Planeteers If you’re still looking for the perfect holiday present for that special someone (or yourself), why not consider a gift that’s environmentally friendly? At Performics, we’re always looking for little ways to help the environment. So we pulled together a list of our favorite green holiday shopping sites, as well as a few green gift ideas: Green Sites
- Greenheart Shop sells recycled accessories, clothing and home décor. It uses sustainable materials, fair trade practices and is based in Chicago.
- Green Depot provides green products and green building materials, the perfect place to shop for someone planning a home improvement
- Patagonia—through its Common Threads Initiative—encourages shoppers to reduce, repair, reuse and recycle. Patagonia will repair your old gear, find a home for gear you no longer need and recycle gear that’s worn out.
- MATT & NAT sell high-fashion green products like bags featuring linings made of recycled water bottles
- Alternative Outfitters is a veggie-friendly retail boutique that sells products like vegan shoes, vegetarian shoes and vegan bags
- Recycled Glass Tea Lights Holders are 100% recycled glass and stand freely or sit on water
- Eco Countertops are made of post-consumer recycled glass
- Patagonia Fleeces are made of recycled soda bottles and recycled fabrics
- Donate to American Forests in the name of your gift recipient
- And don’t forget to wrap your gifts in Recycled Paper Gift Wrap!