The Hispanic population is expected to be 16% of the U.S. population by 2050. With this significant increase, marketers need to find new and different strategies to reach their Hispanic audience. Just as the general population is evolving and embracing their mobile devices, the Hispanic population is contributing and becoming an integral part of this trend as well. Here are some statistics that we have come across:
- Hispanic video viewers are 68% more likely than non-Hispanic White viewers to watch videos on the internet
- Hispanics are 20% more likely to watch videos on a mobile phone
- Hispanics outpace all ethnic groups in mobile downloads of music and pictures
- 93% Hispanics use a mobile phone regularly
- 45% of Hispanic mobile phone users have smartphones, compared to 34% of the general population
- 12% of Hispanic mobile users use social networks on their mobile devices vs. 10% of the general market
With mobile usage increasing among Hispanics and the Hispanic population growing in general, it is vital that marketers find new strategies on how to reach this growing audience.