Performance Never Rests: Our People’s Top Picks
Curious about the latest and greatest tools, technology and toys? Fear not, we turn to our teams and present their take on what’s hot, what’s not, and the issues making waves around the industry.
Dan P. – Is Sprint betting their company on the iPhone5?
- Sprint committed to $20B worth of iPhone5's, possibly securing exclusive rights in the process… (CNET)
Tet S. – Creative and visionary genius Steve Jobs passes on 🙁
- Apple’s Visionary Redefined Digital Age (NY Times)
Kristina N. – “I love Amazon more and more! #sold”
Isiah D. – “Holy Toledo, Batman! Is this true? If it is, it will leave this marketer, salivating.”
Thomas W. – Google knows the power of credibility badges within the purchasing process. It will be interesting to see if 'Google trusted store' badge catches on with E-Commerce sites.
- Google launched a new pilot program today aimed at helping shoppers identify stores that Google trusts. (Search Engine Watch)
Vedha M. – Apple Stock Drops 5 Percent After The iPhone5 Fails To Appear.
- Apple Stock Drops 5 Percent (Techcrunch)
Lauren W. – Google just released a new, free mobile tool called Mobile Planet which allows anyone to create custom charts that will deepen their understanding of the global mobile participant.
Dave L. credits Paul M. – for this really interesting article. iOS's share of the smartphone marketplace is only 27%, but the operating system generates 59% of traffic according to comScore:
- Android Has More Market Share, But Apple’s iOS Sends More Traffic (Search Engine Land)
James B. – Interested in Databases, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning? Sign up for one of Stanford's computer science classes for free. An interesting experiment in open sourcing education–over 100k people have already signed up.