Posted by Dan Malachowski, Product Marketing Manager
From the Engines:
- Facebook granted patent on the news feed.
- Google launches new Android Shopper app: find product information by taking pictures of books, CDs, etc. or scanning bar codes with your phone.
- Facebook becomes #2 most popular site in the United States.
- Yahoo! partners with Twitter to bring real-time search to the Yahoo! SERP.
Other Topics of Interest:
- One in five search results are personalized by Google.
- Fortune 500 still lagging in SEO.
- 50 million tweets per day. Only half are in English.
Some Fun Stuff:
- Vending machines that wash dogs gain popularity in Japan.