Posted by Natalie Brumley, Product Marketing Manager (Paid Search)
1. Is your paid search solution full-service? If yes, how do you define full-service?
2. What technology supports your full-service solution? How often is it updated?
3. Does your technology have direct API integration with the top engines?
4. Do you use API data or referral data for reporting purposes?
5. Is the technical support team separate from my account team? Is support 24/7?
6. Who will be managing my accounts on a daily basis?
7. Is the account manager responsible for bid, keyword, copy and landing page management or do separate teams manage these efforts?
8. What is your methodology for successful search campaigns including bid management strategy?
9. What types of resources does my account manager have?
10. Do the account managers have vertical expertise? Which verticals?
11. What is the typical launch timeline?
12. How do you optimize my campaign once it is launched?
13. What metrics do you use to define success?
14. What is the typical account manager’s background?
15. Is your search team certified by the engines?
16. What is your relationship with the top search engines?
17. How has your company shown leadership in the SEM space?
18. What kind of opportunities will I have to network with other clients?
19. How will you align my search campaigns with other online marketing efforts?
20. What other digital marketing solutions do you offer?
Internet Retailer has more information on how to ask the right questions to find the right SEM.