Performics sought to increase positive awareness around a senior executive in the natural search listings and push negative listings down or off the first search engine results page (SERP).
Social media pages are increasingly ranking well on the SERP and can be leveraged to dominate the SERP for brand or executive name queries. Optimizing press releases and building incoming links to favorable pages can also aid in SERP reputation management. Tactics Performics employed to manage the executive’s SERP reputation included:
- Building incoming links to the executive’s bio, LinkedIn and Google Profile pages to increase rank of these pages; optimizing LinkedIn and Google Profile pages
- Creating and optimizing a media page for the executive; building incoming links to that page
- Optimizing press releases associated with the executive
- Creating a Wikipedia page for the executive; posting favorable news links about the executive to that page
- Adding favorable articles about the executive to Digg and encouraging others to “vote up” those articles to increase visibility
- Creating and optimizing a Facebook page for the executive
- Adding pictures of the executive to Flickr
- Optimizing and uploading videos to YouTube
Our reputation management strategies pushed down a negative listing about the executive from ranking #3 on Google to ranking #8 on Google (below the fold). Another first page negative listing was pushed to the third page.