Posted by Dan Malachowski, Product Marketing Manager
From the Engines:
- Google’s search share slips .7 in April; Bing up .1.
- Google to begin selling e-books.
- Android moves past Apple in market share.
Other Topics of Interest:
- Ad-serving market shares.
- Online advertising spend grew 7.5% to $5.9B in Q1 2010.
- 1.1 trillion display ads served in Q1; Facebook leads the way with 176 billion display ads served.
- Twitter rolls out new toolkit and verified accounts for business users.
- Facebook answers users’ privacy questions.
Some Fun Stuff:
- Jobseeker uses paid search to bid on the names of guys he wanted to work for; when the guys Googled themselves, they saw his ad and gave him a job.