Google recently announced a new service called Google My Business that will simplify the way brands interact with shoppers across the web. Google My Business streamlines location information (e.g. address, phone, hours) across all Google products, including search, Google Maps and Google+—a “one-stop shop” for businesses. The beauty of the update is that brands are no longer required to make multiple location or information changes across different Google products. Brands currently using Google Places for Business and Google+ will automatically be updated to this new service. In addition to streamlining location information, Google My Business also organizes brand access to insights like how shoppers are finding your stores, what they click on and other trends. *image courtesy of Google GOOGLE MY BUSINESS IMPLICATIONS for BRANDS Benefits:
- Business updates: Brands can now update business information such as location, hours and news seamlessly across multiple Google properties
- Brand-to-shopper communication: News, events and photos are easily sharable on Google+ within the new interface. Brands can also respond directly to reviews and comments through the new service.
- Engagement insights: Gain insight into how and where consumers are interacting with your brand
- Mobile access: Google launched My Business on Android and is expected to soon roll it out on iOS
- Rich Visibility: Become more visible on all Google’s products, more efficiently, including photos and virtual tours of your business locations
- Get all your local data into Google My Business
- Ensure that local data accuracy is continually managed. There’s nothing more frustrating than pulling up to a store location and finding out the address, store hours or product offerings in the local listing were wrong.
- Ensure phone numbers are accurate so that people can easily call your locations for questions or directions
- Amplify your brand experience by enhancing and refining your assets. For instance, focus on outreach to improve/enhance reviews to increase the chances that someone visits your store. Add rich assets like photos and virtual tours.
For more information on Google My Business, please contact your Performics Account Team today