Posted by Cristina Lucero and Christina Mannarino, Performics Research & Insights Team
Highlighted below are emerging trends and insights from the week of June 27, 2011:
– Google launches social network: Google+ (AdAge).
– Google launches new functionality in sites that allows users to create a simple mobile landing page for free (TechCrunch).
– Video viewing and social networking become common smartphone activities (eMarketer).
– Google Android activates 500,000 new Android-powered phones each day worldwide, compared to Apple’s 210,000 iPhone activations last quarter (Business Insider).
– E-reader ownership doubles in six months, thanks to Hispanics (Pew Internet).
– Combination of earned and paid media boosts awareness, favorability and purchase intent (eMarketer).
– Marketers who are only focusing on the traditional 25-54 age demographic are missing about 58 percent of the U.S. (Nielsen Wire).
– Women control the majority of purchasing decisions in a household and their influence is growing (Nielsen Wire).
– Toyota Expands “Buckle Up for Life” Safety Program for Hispanic & African American Families (Hispanic PR Blog).
– Social media marketing is expected to reach $5.97 billion in 2011 (eMarketer).