Posted by Cristina Lucero and Christina Mannarino, Performics Research & Insights Team
Highlighted below are emerging trends and insights from the week of July 11, 2011:
– Mobile Social Media Usage Affects Shopping Habits (eMarketer).
– Netflix Hikes Pricing Plan by 60 Percent (Netflix).
– Mobile SEO: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (Search Engine Land).
– WhitePages Gets “Localicious” With Android Search App (Search Engine Land).
– Cosmopolitan Magazine, a Popular Women’s Magazine, Launches App for Men (AdWeek).
– How Banks Plan to Compete with Groupon (CNN Money).
Back to School
– As Back to School Approaches, Economy is at the Top of Mind for Americans (National Retail Federation).
– Hitwise “Back To School” Webinar Key takeaways:
– Insights from Emerging Markets – Teens, Tourism, the African Consumer, Education, and More (TNS).
– Payment Infrastructures and Cultures Differ Significantly by Region and Country – Payment Acceptance May Not Always Parallel the U.S. Experience (eMarketer via CyberSource).
– Smartphone Penetration in Asia is Set to Boom (Nielsen Wire).
-Other developing trends that will have an impact on data usage: