Post by Michael Kahn, Chief Executive Officer of Performics Worldwide & Global Performance Practice Lead of Publicis Media
It is always an amazing time of year as we sprint through the last hundred days of the current year while simultaneously planning for the year ahead. An environment that seems to perfectly capture the duality of the moment is dmexco, a now annual gathering in Köln, Germany where 50,000+ marketer, agency, media and technology executives gather to address current strategies as well as future opportunities to drive their business.
At this year’s dmexco, Publicis Media and all its agency brands, including Performics, were on full display physically as well as verbally through presentations and thought leadership. Our leadership teams spoke on a variety of topics, including:
- Steve King, CEO of Publicis Media, on the future agency model and how agencies are rendering transformation to stay relevant to brands and shape the future
- Carsten Achterfeld, Senior Head of Buying Management of Publicis Media Germany, on facts and trends for online audio advertising
- Stephan Beringer, Head of Data, Technology & Innovation for Publicis Media, highlighting big data advertising
- Benoit Cacheux, Global Head of Digital & Innovation at Zenith, on the differences between open and closed media landscapes
- Lisa Donohue, Global Brand President of Starcom, talking about the virtual reality (VR) experience for marketers
- Curt Simon Harlinghausen, EMEA Business Transformation Lead for Publicis Media & CEO of AKOM360 GmbH, on the amount of sustainable, innovative change that’s needed
- René Lamsfuss, Chief Research Officer of Publicis Media, discussing recent developments in digital advertising and leveraging data in programmatic advertising
- Belinda Rowe, Global Practice Lead, Content for Publicis Media, highlighting the effectiveness of content marketing
- Nicole Prüsse, Chief Operating Officer of EMEA for Publicis Media, discussing the creation of a dynamic and entrepreneurial architecture to creatively build brands
- Rishad Tobaccowala, Chief Strategist & Member of Directoire+ for Publicis Groupe, on building the most rewarding customer experiences
I had the opportunity to join this incredible group and talk about both the evolution of programmatic TV as well as our agency focus on intent and the build out of demand and response management at scale. In addition to all this great visibility, we were able to schedule invaluable touch bases with some of our top global clients
Craig Greenfield, our Global COO, joined me for this great gathering and as part of our dmexco adventures, we were fortunate enough to spend time with our fantastic Performics DE team led by Chris Kohn as well as our other marketing leads including Cristina Barranco, (Performics ES) Nicolas Schmitz (Performics FR), and Alexander Savin (Performics RU).
In a short few years, dmexco has become a critical stop on our industry’s evolution and elevation to transform the way brands connect to consumers and invest the money to do so. While all the usual topics like data, programmatic and technology were discussed in full, the real story here is all the energy brought to the event by the folks who attend it!
I hope to see you there sometime in the future!