Posted by Dan Malachowski, Senior Marketing Strategist
From the Engines:
- New Google match type, broad match modifier, provides greater reach than phrase match and more control than broad match.
- Yahoo! to begin incorporating Bing-powered results.
- Google location extensions now allow advertisers to show multiple business addresses.
- Google Q2 2010 paid clicks up 15% vs. Q2 2009. Search on Android mobile devices up 300% in first half of 2010. Android downloads now over 1 billion.
Other Topics of Interest:
- Businesses reward customers who post positive reviews on sites like Amazon and Yelp.
- Domino’s attributes 29% UK profit growth to Foursquare and other social networks.
- Starbucks becomes the first brand with 10 million Facebook fans.
- Twitter search results now include handles.
- Understanding demand-side-platforms (DSPs).
Some Fun Stuff:
- Become an app inventor for Android.
- Dress like a Mad Men character in Banana Republic clothes to win a walk-on role on the show.