Posted by Dan Malachowski, Senior Marketing Strategist
From the Engines:
- Google white paper on travel queries: clicks on travel ads have risen 13% YoY, CPCs have fallen.
Other Topics of Interest:
- Experian 2010 Social Networking Report.
- Private equity firm values Facebook at $23 billion.
- Foursquare receives $20 million in venture capital funding.
- Twitter Search: 800 million queries per day. But most of those searches happen through API requests.
- New Twitter @earlybird feed allows merchants to promote time- and supply-sensitive deals.
- A Googler’s POV on social.
Some Fun Stuff:
- New Google sunrise/sunset one box tells you when the sun rises and sets each day in your neighborhood.
- WorldSoccerShop.com used paid search to sell 30,000 vuvuzelas in June, grossing $240,000 and only paying 15-30 cents per click.